"Fight with knives, not guns...

...so you can tell the police you were drunk." This is what I learned from a kid in my program after he made it to me from a fight. It was a mostly good first week, actually it was really easy. I really love just getting to spend time with children without testing pressure. It's extremely less challenging but extremely more fun. I get to play soccer, paint, read, and chat with children and get paid for it. I'm really enjoying it! King is a school much like New Chelsea (my school in KC) so it's exactly what I prayed for. I have been able to watch relief come across parent's faces when I explain my background and what brought me to this point. My two biggest challenges are a second grader and a third grader, both of which love to fight and disobey! They are what what will fuel my passion this year. I am praying that God will redeem the program that exists currently, that He will rule that room where we spend hours on social skills, and that His love and mission would be lived out in my life and spill into the lives of these children.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to ""Fight with knives, not guns..."

  1. Diane says:
    September 8, 2008 at 7:30 AM

    I will be praying with you. I am thankful you first week went well and I am glad the parents were eased by your experience. Isn't it refreshing to have? :)

  2. Rob Garrison says:
    September 8, 2008 at 8:37 AM

    Mandy, it is so exciting to see how God is working in your new job. You are being used by Him to carry out His work. What a blessing to your students, and what a blessing to you.

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates