High School Musical...

If you know any child (especially a girl) between the ages of 6 and15, then you know exactly what I'm referring to! This post is not exactly about that (whew) but about musicals in general. I think all of us have at least one musical that we absolutely love and would watch again on any given rainy day. Nick's I believe is Newzies, mine is White Christmas, a childhood favorite was The King and I, all of you have one! I think many of us would love to live in that particular musical. I think we have all wondered what it would be like if with every prime moment there was a prime song and dance to accompany those moments. I realized today that that is the wonderful world two of my YMCA kids live in. In class, at the store, etc. it would be rude for them to sing and dance. But at the YMCA, within reason, I have no problem with it. So, most mornings are musical mornings. At any random moment these boys could burst out with singing or dancing or both. Sometimes they even back eachother up on it! I love it. At first it was a bit annoying but then today I sat back and realized the joy it brought them. So I've concluded that musicals, intentional or not, are one of the many child-like behaviors that we "grow out of" somewhere in our teen years. How sad... I hope that if you read this and the child in you is somehow rekindled that you would find the perfect moment to transform into a musical moment.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "High School Musical..."

  1. Rob Garrison says:
    September 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM

    That is awesome that you were able to see that as a way for them to express themselves and not as a discipline problem.

    By the way, mine is South Pacific. I love the music.

  2. Scrappin' Diva says:
    September 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

    wait 'til you have kids. I make up songs for O and we sing all day everyday.

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates