The New Job...

God has been answering prayers and I am so excited about it! I am working at King Elementary School in N Portland with the YMCA. There are only four children currently enrolled there but I believe God will find ways to grow the program. Here has been the response when I tell people about me taking the position there...
*Eyes pop out of their head and they say, be tough...
*"I subbed there one day and a kid got scissors thrown at him"
*"I worked there for a week and a kid said 'F.... you'"
*"Get to know the music teacher, she saved me when all the kids walked out"
*"Do you have any experience with tough kids??"
*"That should be interesting"
*"Call me if you need help, I know how tough those kids are. One has eased up on me now but I've known her for 2 years."

Anyway, it should be a pretty sweet challenge! I am praying that I can empower these children to change the face of the Y program at that school. I am praying that I can be a support to these children amongst their frustrations. I am also praying that more children would be drawn to this Christian organization and the God that inspired it.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "The New Job..."

  1. Diane says:
    September 3, 2008 at 1:32 PM

    Mandy~ Keep dreamin' big sista after my own heart. I believe in you.

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates