It is currently 2 am and what a weekend it has been...

Friday: I had the chance to be a participant in the community of Night Strike. Nick blogged about it so you can check the details there. But, last night here are a few things are learned from the homeless that I met. First, I got to see Lance and Sandra Jean again and God has blessed them with an apartment!!!! What an answer to prayer. This is a couple who I could talk so much about, they have amazing knowledge of the homeless in Portland and have been sharing some of that with me. But, what I wanted to say was that I was informed that if anyone is sitting or laying on ANY street or sidewalk in the whole city of Portland, the police will either ticket you or take you away. Now, I met another man named Mario who got to experience Night Strike for the first time who lived in Beaverton. He was telling me about how the police were even stricter out there about homeless. So...if the city isn't providing a fresh start (can't get a job without an address, can't get an apartment without a job...) then that still leaves a problem of homelessness. Then, if you can't be homeless in Portland or any of the surrounding suburbs, what are the homeless to do? Anyway, food for thought for now, I'll blog more on this another time.

Saturday:
I got to spend my day roaming downtown with my BFF Jolleen. What a joy it is to be in a wonderful city with someone you love! I highly recommend the rush of jumping the light rail to train to bus to get to Made in OR, Powell's, and the Saturday Market. What a bustling time with crowds of people...I loved it!

My evening didn't go so well. After Celina and I had just had a talk about Exodus (which was wonderful) and were ready to get jammies on, we took Chance out. MY DOG HATES CATS, I HATE CATS (unless they are declawed an indoors and cuddling with someone else)!
Well, one had roamed into our back yard and Chance chased it into a corner bush. The cat let out a few scratches and my puppy my very well loose an eye...literally. We had to go to the Emergency Vet and opted not to do the $3,000 surgery and pray that it will heal with the meds they gave him. If he doesn't heal alone they will have to remove his eye. I am so choked up even as I type this...Hence the reason I'm blogging at 2 am. I never thought I would be one of those who would ask for prayer for a pet...but will you pray? Even if you can't think of praying for a pet, think of praying for our finances and we have unexpected vet bills. I think I finally got a closer glimpse as to why moms freak out when their children get hurt. I just hate to see my puppy in so much pain.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "It is currently 2 am and what a weekend it has been..."

  1. Giordi says:
    August 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM

    I will pray for him 'cause I love you both! And I'm glad to hear you and Jo had a good day. Yea for best friends hanging out!

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates