The Best of Ghetto Gyms...

I have been going down to the community center lately to work out and it's been a mostly good experience. The weight/aerobic room is tiny but it works! As a side note, our shower clogged and is out of service for about 24 hours, thus forcing the need to use the community center showers. I've showered in many showers...gyms, hotels, home,(some very old and some very new) but none like this. My shower today was an entire aerobic experience in itself. Let me walk you through this experience, don't worry I'll keep it at a G rating. I walked in to find clean showers, this is more than I expected. I got all set up and found the first obstacle; turning the water on. You know those annoying hand washers that you push down rapidly and hope to get a total of 15 seconds of warm water? Well, that was how this shower worked. When you get these stupid things for washing your hands the most annoying part is when you're all soaped up and have to get the water going again...same situation but worse with soap all over your face. Here was the real experience...this was either designed by a very tall person or a complete idiot. The shower head didn't move, it only sprayed one way full force...parallel to the ground, directly into the wall across from it. So here I am pumping the water thing and getting blasted in the face with high powered water, to remove the soap from my eyes. The true aerobic experience happened when I had to rinse the soap off the rest of my body...the water didn't reach so I was jumping in the shower. Needless to say, my workout today lasted a lot longer than I expected. I really hope the shower is unclogged in the morning for a better shower.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "The Best of Ghetto Gyms..."

  1. *Austin Mommy* says:
    August 9, 2008 at 1:13 PM

    This is a laugh out loud story, for sure!! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing! Hope your shower starts working again. A glimpse into our four months in Kenya...we had a freezing cold drip of water that we called our "shower". It was painful to stand under, so it became a lot of bending and twisting trying to get clean without getting touched by too much of the freezing drip. When we did have the rare privilege of turning on a warm drip, the walls and knobs would give us a nasty shock...so it was steering clear of touching anything. I'm glad we have fun shower stories - always good to have something in common with people. :)

  2. rachelle says:
    August 10, 2008 at 3:35 PM

    that definitely sounds like an adventure!!

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates