Children's interpretations of phrases...

It's official, I do have a job! I am working for the YMCA before/after school program. I was hired as a site director and will tell more about it later. I have been working at the camp to train until school starts next week. Here is a silly story about something that happened while I was there...
I have been really working with the 6 year old boys group and little boys love to talk about discus ting things. There was about 5 of them who were talking about burping and farting and such so I finally said..."no more talking about bodily functions..." one of the other boys said, "okay, lets talk about barfing." Before I could speak another boy piped up and said "NO, that is also a bubbly malfunction!" They all looked at me to see if he was correct but I couldn't stop laughing. So, the new thing at Y camp is "bubbly malfunctions" and the little boys are yelling at each other..."no more bubbly malfunctions!"
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Children's interpretations of phrases..."

  1. *Austin Mommy* says:
    August 28, 2008 at 1:20 PM

    I LOVE that story! It's so cute at that age, isn't it? Sometimes it seems like Caleb is a 6 year old with the things he says. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new job and all the other fun things kids say! :)

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates