Frustrated nearly to tears...

I have just been slapped in the face with the reality that if I don't really start looking for a job, then I'll still be waiting for a job a year from now. I had not been stressing about job hunting for such a long time until about 3 days ago. I was hit with the reality that we really are in a recession. That may only be true in Portland, and honestly it may not be true at all! But...my grocery and gas bills have hit an all time high and there just simply aren't jobs available ANYWHERE! There are currently only a total of 17 postings for the entire PPS district and I was told by a principle that he has over 200 applicants for each position he posts. Of those 17, I only qualify for about 2. I have been glued to the computer for so many stinking hours to fill out nearly a dozen applications. Which, by the way, takes FOREVER to fill out. I am finding myself either unqualified or qualified in the wrong field. I even filled out a stupid application for a part-time cake decorating Safe Way position! I don't even know how to frost a cupcake, but hey maybe they'll see a degree and think I'm trainable or something. Anyway, I've been playing it pretty cool up until now, so much prayers are needed. Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my wak-o life and what we're up to here in Portland.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Frustrated nearly to tears..."

  1. nick mucci says:
    July 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM

    i love you

  2. Giordi says:
    July 13, 2008 at 8:30 PM

    Awww! Your husband is so adorable! And I'm sure he'd love to hear that I'm calling him "adorable".

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates