Little Red Bike...

I got a cute red bike for Christmas from my wonderful husband. I was in a somewhat dream like state when I pictured myself in perfect sunshine and 70 degrees on my way to work on my red bike. Well, who has time to wait around for sunny and 70 in Portland? Not ME! Yesterday I got the bike out and hopped on and headed to work. Here is a little of what I experienced...
35 degrees with wind in my face
frozen snot
no sunglasses resulting in the left eye crying the entire way
4.5 miles up hill
knee cramps from not adjusting the seat properly
a gag every now and then becasue I didn't know how to work my new helmet
stopping traffic because the bike lane disappeared

But...I made it! It may be a while before I hop on the bike again but when that day comes I know a few things to fix before I jump on so eagerly.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

3 Response to "Little Red Bike..."

  1. J says:
    January 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM

    You are a trooper! I love it. You need to post pictures of the bike!!!!!

  2. Scrappin' Diva says:
    January 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

    kuddos to you for braving a bike ride to work!

  3. *Austin Mommy* says:
    January 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM

    Haha. You are so cute! I can totally picture the whole scene. Glad you made it okay! :)

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates