Buddy's Birthday...

My brother turns 21 today! Yay happy birthday bud. That what we used to call him and it still slips out every now and then. What an amazing man you've become! Here are some thought about him:

I have memories of:

Watching him jump out of trees like a bungee jumper which was an early display of his adventuresome spirit.

Running away from him as he would catch bees for his hive that he so desperately wanted which showed his ambition. This kid will do what it takes to get what he wants!

Reading food labels at age 7 so he could protest onions or mushrooms. Wouldn't be surprised if this was his motive for reading labels these days but he also reads out of curiosity and a desire to be healthy.

Selling pop to constructions workers to make big summer bucks. This is the trait that most of us know about him, an entrepreneur.

These are just a few that came to mind this morning as I thought about him but I'm sure the list could go on and on!

I remember him as a child to be very ambitious, lively, spirited, curious, experimental, and creative. These are all traits I see in my eldest son and I pray that he will turn out much like his uncle Bryan.

Thanks bud for loving our family as you still venture out and find who you are. You are a wonderful brother, a good friend, and an awesome uncle.

Love you! Happy Birthday!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Buddy's Birthday..."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    May 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM

    My favorite memory of Brian is when (at age 3?) he pushed the garage door opener at our house, then ran and grabbed hold of the door as it lifted. It lifted him all the way up, and he hollered and hollered to be rescued. =)

  2. Anonymous Says:
    May 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

    Actually, my other memory is equally humorous to me-- when we were moving into a new house and he literally disappeared. All moving action ceased as every one began to search for the missing Bryan. I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like ages at the time--he was found in the attic off of Matthew's bedroom, deep in a dark corner, having successfully pooped. =)

  3. Anonymous Says:
    May 25, 2010 at 9:09 PM

    BRYAN! I can't believe I spelled it wrong.

  4. Mandy Mucci says:
    May 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM

    hahahah yes, so many bryan stories:)

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates