New Name...

Yesterday when I was talking to nick about what I planned on doing when the boys were napping, I said "I feel like nothing but tea and sweatpants, I think that should be my motto!" Don't worry, I do have more in my wardrobe than sweatpants (my dear friends wouldn't allow me to wear them every day) and I drink more than tea(thank goodness for not having brown teeth). I do however love to wear sweatpants after a warm shower, a long day, church clothes, and in cold weather. I LOVE tea when I'm with friends, an hour before bed, on a "coffee date" with Nick, and when reading a book.

I decided that all of my life should fit into this motto in some way. Some pieces of the way I choose to parent are a bit old fashioned (like tea) and some are relaxed and comfortable (like sweatpants). My love and friendships are in perfect harmony when I treat them with the delicacy of tea and the comfort of sweatpants. Well, you get the picture, tea and sweatpants it is! I know I make Grandma Eyvone proud with the tea part and my sons proud with the sweatpants part!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "New Name..."

  1. lamucci says:
    April 1, 2010 at 7:43 AM

    Perfectly stated!!

  2. Diane says:
    April 6, 2010 at 10:51 AM

    hmm... makes so much sense to me. i LOVE the sweatpants part... but what a good combo. incredible way to describe the paradox of life sometimes... so true.

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates