Updates on my life in the past week...

Marathon Momma- We were in Long Beach last weekend becasue of my mom. She did it! A 50th birthday party and a full blown marathon in one weekend. She is a hero to me and I am so proud of her. What she accomplished is such a living example of living up to the challenges in life.

Full weeks of plans-God is blessing us with busy weeks that include new people at bible study, new friendships, and new challenges. It is all so exciting and an answer to prayer.

Portland Hope Meadows- Tomorrow we will be attending a fund raising banquet as honorary guests for a non profit that will be moving in across the street. I will have to blog about this more this weekend and tell y'all about this amazing organization that already exists and will soon be a big part of our lives.

God- He is mostly teaching me Patience and Understanding...two very hard things to learn and that I pray for daily. As I struggle with God's timing in my human mind I find that His timing is actaully perfect and my human mind needs to get the heck out of the way. I am praying that my heart will lead with patience and understanding and my mind will take a back seat to it.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Updates on my life in the past week..."

  1. Diane says:
    October 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM

    So proud of your mom! that is awesome! tell her congrats from a fellow runner :) I am running a half tomorrow so I am thinking and breathing running! whoo hoooo!!

    also good thoughts on how God is teaching you. maybe pray for my brain to relax too... its on overdrive at the moment.

Copyright 2009 Tea and Sweatpants...
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates